Our website address is: https://www.hillcumorah.org.
In the course of transactions with Hill Cumorah, Hill Cumorah will collect personal information that is not disclosed to anyone or any company except as allowed or demanded and required by law. Hill Cumorah does not sell your name or other information about you to third parties.
Representatives of Hill Cumorah are only authorized to access personal information when it is necessary to perform their job duties. Hill Cumorah collects the following types of information:
1. Identifying and Demographic Information (such as name, address, phone number, and email address)
2. Financial Information (such as credit card numbers and bank information)
3. Transactional Information (such as user names and passwords)
4. Non-Transactional Information (such as survey responses, customer service inquiries, and requests for information)
This information may be gathered directly from submission to Hill Cumorah by you, or by collection by Hill Cumorah through other means such as our websites and the technology employed by our websites.
Under certain circumstances, Hill Cumorah may share certain information with other parties as described below:
1. Necessary Third Party Service Providers. Hill Cumorah may share some or all of the information described above with third parties, including our affiliates or agents, who perform services for us or act on our behalf, when this information is needed by that party to provide products and services you have requested or already have with Hill Cumorah.
2. Joint Marketers. Hill Cumorah may share some or all of the information described above with third parties with whom Hill Cumorah has a joint marketing agreement.
3. Unaffiliated Third Parties. Hill Cumorah may share some or all of the information described above to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or in connection with a merger or sale of all or part of the Hill Cumorah business.
Hill Cumorah may change this Policy at any time, and will notify you of changes to this Policy as required by law.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.